Project: Badhte Kadam
Azad India Foundation (AIF)
About the Organization
AIF is registered under not for profit, with major operations in the Kishanganj District of Bihar. It implements projects in primary education, health and entrepreneurship. AIF was set-up in the memory of Muhammad Hussain Azad who was a prominent and influential political leader of the area with the mission to contribute to the empowerment of the grass root communities for their betterment with active participation of women. Yuman Hussain is the present Director, who oversees all programs .
Project Badhte Kadam: - This program is funded by Nalanda Charitable Foundation (NCF) with the aim to provide high quality education to prevent dropouts and reinforce interest among students to complete their basic education. The project runs in Thakurganj Block of Kishanganj District, which lies close to the border of West Bengal, Nepal and Bangladesh. To know more please visit the website.
Job Location: Thakurganj (Dist :Kishanganj, Bihar)
Reports to: Executive Director
The Program Manager will be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the Badhte Kadam program. A key part of the role will involve strengthening the program by recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions. There will be a training and orientation period post joining to familiarize the individual with the responsibilities and context that the role requires.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build the strategy and roadmap of the Badhte Kadam program including resource and operational plan, goals and milestones.
- Identify and initiate changes to the internal and external structure of the program to enhance efficiencies and productivity.
- Work with the Executive Director and others to identify and initiate design and content changes in the current program including but not limited to teacher training, community outreach, planning and classroom interventions.
- Manage, recruit, train and develop program staff in line with the current and future program requirements.
- Prepare and monitor program budgets.
- Develop project reports and share progress updates with NCF at pre-determined intervals.
- Design and deploy systemic processes and metrics for program monitoring.
- Develop the capacity and technical expertise of project staff to undertake impact assessment.
- Ensuring program implementation is in line with strategy and roadmap.
- Work experience: Up-to 5 years in the development sector with 2-3 years in the education domain
- Program implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation experience
Attributes / Competencies:
- Willingness to work on grass root level.
- Mutual consent to work for a minimum of 2 Years.
- Skilled in building strategy, operations management, workshop designing and training.
- Has a mix of strategic and operational approach to work and planning.
- Project management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to the sector.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Please apply at
Facts and Figures about Kishanganj » |
Kishanganj Tourism » |
Irani Basti in Kishanganj »